Here at The Powder Room we are concerned about our carbon footprint and wanted to share with you how we are doing our bit to protect the environment.
We have put a few things in place in our everyday protocols such as :
– disposables – we use washable items in our facials like mitts and pads so we limit our consumable waste.
– we use wooden stemmed cotton buds which are biodegradable.
– we use eco friendly cleaning products in the salon to limit toxic chemicals being released into the environment.
– we use soap nuts and essential oils for our laundry to reduce chemicals in the laundry process being flushed into our oceans.
We recycle all our plastics , glass and paper products locally.
Our product ranges have their own attributes too :
– nimue the facial range uses recyclable plastics and has a refill system in place to reduce single use plastic.
Neal’s Yard is vegan and approved by the soil association and fair trade. It also supports a number of ethical causes through its company.
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our environmental practices and will keep you updated on any new ideas we have. We would encourage you to look at ways you could reduce your waste at home.
Some examples are:
– replace cotton wool pads with bamboo ones they are washable and perfect for home use – we now sell these in salon.
– we also have the wooden stemmed cotton buds and bamboo toothbrushes should you wish to change a few things to make a big difference. We all play a part in the big picture and anything we can do will have an impact however small.